Monday, October 14, 2013

Dancing for Breast Cancer Awareness

       This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  (Ironically the month before my surgery)  There are many events going on all over the US to promote Breast Cancer Awareness  so please join me and do so!
Yesterday,  my good friend Marisa who is one of the best Zumba Instructors in LA, organized  a Zumbathon Charity Event for Breast Cancer and it was such a success!  Marisa and 4 other amazing Zumba Instructors taught a 2 hour Zumba dance class with over 50 people!!   Everyone was dancing for breast cancer and having a blast while doing it!!   (as you can see in the bottom right photo above)  I danced my pants off as well, but took some time to soak in how amazing this event.  It brought tears to my eyes to see so many people coming together on their day off to support  Breast Cancer Awareness.   They raised 1,100$ that will go to Breast Cancer research!  Thank you to Marisa, Raul and the other Zumba Instructors for putting together this event!  Thank you for inviting me I had such a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment